Precious platinum is the perfect choice for the woman of today – it is beautiful, versatile and elegant, yet it has hidden strength and resilience. Choosing precious platinum is the perfect way to express your own individuality, strength and style.
Platinum is eternal, with everlasting radiance and durability.
- •Platinum’s unequalled durability and resistance to wear makes it the most secure and protective metal, which means your jewellery will be protected for a lifetime of wear.
- •Platinum does not change shape or wear away so precious stones are held firmly and securely.
- •The density of platinum makes it more durable than other jewellery metals.
Platinum is pure, naturally white and is kind to the skin.
- •Platinum is a naturally white metal.
- •Platinum jewellery is 95% pure (by comparison 18 karat gold is 75% pure), platinum never fades or tarnishes but keeps its natural white colour for a lifetime.
- •As platinum is so pure, it is naturally hypoallergenic and ideal for those with sensitive skin.
Platinum is rare, a treasure coveted by influential individuals for centuries.
- •Found in very few places around the world, platinum is 30 times more rare than gold.
- •Platinum jewellery is exclusive and considered a statement of individuality.
Platinum & Diamonds
With a white luster that never diminishes, platinum enhances a diamond’s sparkle. Platinum’s superior durability means that it is the most secure setting for precious stones.
Each piece of platinum jewellery from GRT Jewellers comes with a Quality Assurance Card and bears the purity hallmark of “Pt 950” stamped inside the piece.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between platinum and white gold?
Platinum is a naturally white metal that will never lose its brilliant lustre. White gold is an alloy created using yellow gold. White gold looks similar to platinum, but it usually needs to be re-plated over time to maintain its white colour, adding additional expense.
How do I know that a piece of jewellery is made of platinum?
All platinum jewellery from GRT Jewellers is hallmarked Pt 950 assuring that the platinum jewellery is 95% pure. Below is the mark to look for on your platinum jewellery:
Why is platinum more expensive than gold?
Platinum’s rarity means that its price is invariably higher than that of gold.
The process of making a piece of platinum jewellery also requires a higher level of craftsmanship.
How do I care for platinum jewellery?
Clean platinum in the same way you clean other fine jewellery to maintain its fine appearance and ensure that it lasts. Either use a mild solution of soap and warm water, and gently rub it with a soft cloth, or buy a jewellery cleaning solution.
Will platinum jewellery scratch?
All precious metals scratch, and platinum is no exception. It is unique in that the metal is only displaced, not lost. Have your platinum jewellery polished if you are interested in maintaining a high shine.